Mstislav Dobuzhinsky was the prominent graphic and theater artist; he was one of the members of the “World of Art” Society. His life and creative oeuvre was closely connected with Lithuania. In 1929-1930 Dobuzhinsky taught in the Art School. From 1930 he was the head artist of the Lithuanian State Theatre, worked in the Society for Protection of Ancient Monuments and Buildings. During those years he created great number of landscape cycles that were dedicated to Kaunas (the capital of Lithuania then), and depictures of the other cities that are important not only for their historical and topographical accuracy, but first of all for amazing talent of artist to show beauty and poetry of “antiquity”.
The exhibition is organized in collaboration with Consulate-General of the Republic of Lithuania in St.-Petersburg.
4 july—2 september 2019
The exhibition of the first avant-garde association of Russia will present about 200 items: paintings, graphics, scenographic projects, as well as posters and archival materials.
13 june—19 august 2019
The exhibition will trace the pictorial and semantic metamorphosis of the image of the angel in fine arts from modernism, symbolism, and avant-garde to the art of our contemporaries.
The collection of masterpieces, chosen by the Russian Museum will allow you to make a first impression of the collection of the Russian Museum.
Russian Museum - one of the world's largest museums and is perhaps the only country where such a full treasure of national culture are presented.
Virtual tour of the museum complex. 2009 (Rus., Eng., Ger., Fin.)
In the online shop of the Russian Museum presented a huge range of souvenirs, illustrated editions and multimedia disks.
Be informed about news, events and exhibitions of the Russian Museum
The State Russian Museum
The Russian Museum is the exclusive owner of all the interior images and pieces of art of the Russian Museum collection, as well as all the images and text information given on its official site. The usage of the texts and images provided on the site is only allowed with the permission of the Russian Museum.