Eugene Abezgauz was born in 1939 in Leningrad. In 1973 he graduated the Leningrad Vera Muhina College for Industrial Design with the painter-designer qualification. At the end of 1976 Abezgauz emigrated to Israel - the documations for emigration were given up in 1972, but only in 1976 his activity as the nonconform-painter was the impuls for the government to give him the permission for the emigration.
The exhibition activity of Abezgauz envelop hundreds of expositions: from the small apartment-exhibitions of the Leningrad underground to such final historic expositions as "From Gulag to Glasnost. Nonconformist Art of the Soviet Union" (The Art Museum of the Simmerli University Rutgers, New Jersy, 1995) and "Russian-Jewish painters in the century of changes. 1890-1990" (Jewish museum, New York, 1995). Abezgauz is known as the founder of the "Alef" group. Its members declared the disagreement with the late Soviet art and national policy.
16 may—30 june 2018
Le film du Japon
26 april—6 august 2018
The exhibition of over 220 works by two prominent German artists accompanied by an extensive presentation of their Russian contemporaries captures the state of human existence in powerful images.
The collection of masterpieces, chosen by the Russian Museum will allow you to make a first impression of the collection of the Russian Museum.
Russian Museum - one of the world's largest museums and is perhaps the only country where such a full treasure of national culture are presented.
Virtual tour of the museum complex. 2009 (Rus., Eng., Ger., Fin.)
In the online shop of the Russian Museum presented a huge range of souvenirs, illustrated editions and multimedia disks.
Be informed about news, events and exhibitions of the Russian Museum
The State Russian Museum
The Russian Museum is the exclusive owner of all the interior images and pieces of art of the Russian Museum collection, as well as all the images and text information given on its official site. The usage of the texts and images provided on the site is only allowed with the permission of the Russian Museum.