Erzia is a pseudonym of the prominent Russian sculptor of the first half of XX century Stepan Dmitrievich Nefyodov, taken from the name of his native ethnic group, the Erzya Mordvins. The art of Erzia is known not only in Russia, but all over the world. In the period of 1907-1914 he lived and worked in Italy and France. His first personal exhibition took place in 1913 in Paris. From 1927 to 1950 Erzia resided in Argentina and then returned to the fatherland.
Erzia’s sculptures were always of a great interest to the public and evoked excitement and delight. The Russian museum possesses the largest and fullest collection of Erzia’s works, donated by the author to the state.
The exhibition in St Michael’s Castle comprises 31 works from the Russian museum and 6 sculptures from Mordovian republican Fine Arts Museum in Saransk.
28 march—13 may 2019
An exhibition of paintings and graphic works by a famous traveler revealing his extraordinary vision.
13 february—20 may 2019
The exhibition from the cycle “The Romanovs Family Saga” covers the personality and state affairs of Emperor Nicholas I, as reflected in the works of painting, graphics, numismatics and decorative and applied arts from state museums and private collections.
The collection of masterpieces, chosen by the Russian Museum will allow you to make a first impression of the collection of the Russian Museum.
Russian Museum - one of the world's largest museums and is perhaps the only country where such a full treasure of national culture are presented.
Virtual tour of the museum complex. 2009 (Rus., Eng., Ger., Fin.)
In the online shop of the Russian Museum presented a huge range of souvenirs, illustrated editions and multimedia disks.
Be informed about news, events and exhibitions of the Russian Museum
The State Russian Museum
The Russian Museum is the exclusive owner of all the interior images and pieces of art of the Russian Museum collection, as well as all the images and text information given on its official site. The usage of the texts and images provided on the site is only allowed with the permission of the Russian Museum.